This evening we ended a wonderful family day and an said goodbye to a busy month with dinner at Fasika.
It's the end of July-and what a crazy month it has been. I can't help but feel like June was a year ago- not a month ago. Was June really only 31 days ago???
We've celebrated birthdays, traveled as a family for a week, daddy's been away for a couple of weeks for work, family has visited from California and Norway. The kids have been so good through all of this mayhem- sure we've had behavioral challenges and mommy and daddy are both burnt out a bit. I just re-read some of my blog entries from last year and noticed that I don't feel nearly as exhausted and overwhelmed as it seems I did then.
Next month has an equal share of adventures for us:
- Tomorrow I am presenting on Ethiopia at 10am in the morning -tonight I'm cramming for the presentation.
- Debritu begins attending pre-school on Tuesday (summer program for starters)
- Mommy gets some regular alone time as Habtamu also goes back to school and will officially begin her job hunt. It's official- the kids are in school now and I'm going back to work. What a long strange trip it's been-laugh.
- We received our Fresh Air assignment and will be hosting a young boy for a week (can't wait)
- Mommy will be preparing to leave for Ethiopia again on September 5th (eeeekkkkkkk).
- Daddy will be travelling and bringing home some of the countries best cheddar I hope from one of his trips :-) (grin)
- and family will be here..
Hopefully this warm weather holds out and I'll chalk this year up to one of the best summers yet: