- Mount McKinley, Alaska (20,320 feet; 6,194 meters) — highest point in all of US territory
- Mount Whitney, California (14,505 feet; 4,421 meters) — highest point in the 48 contiguous states
- Winter Park, Colorado (12,060 feet; 3,676 meters) — highest town in all of US territory. (Note: There is no development in Winter Park above the level of Alma, Colorado; Alma also lays claim to this title.)
- Alma, Colorado (10,355 feet; 3,156 meters) — highest town with permanent residents above 10,000 ft.
- Leadville, Colorado (10,152 feet; 3,094 meters) — highest city in all of US territory