The days on the long road of one families Ethiopian Adoption

This blog started out as a way to record the twists, turns, highs and lows in my families journey to adopt siblings from Ethiopia. Now our children are home and we have just finished celebrating our first year as a family.

I'm Kimberly (or Fendesha), an adventurous person who aspires to be a vagabond- but for now- I spend all of my free time travelling and my down time thinking of travelling. I'm a mom of 3 (the oldest being my gorgeous canine companion), a IT project manager, and on occasion I find myself the primary writer of this blog.


Happy Reading and thank you for stopping by.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Norway Bound

It's the usual craziness that surrounds Christmas time. Last weekend celebrated the holiday at my mother's house and then Monday night with Den's family (his mom the weekend prior). All of our shopping is done and our work almost completed (Denis working late and sleeping little as always before our holiday trips). I'm doing the usual- last minute packing- speaking of- shouldn't I start instead of blogging? Ahh.. I have our passports out and our itinerary printed. Ohh and as of 5:00 the gifts in a suitcase. The rest- I've never been one for craziness prior to a trip. I like to just figure out that day what I'm taking or the night before and go. So many people worry about buying everything they could possibly need but as you travel you learn- commerce is everywhere and it's part of experiencing a culture.. So-outside of medications when I know I can't get them (ie: norway) I don't worry to much. If you can't live a few weeks with out something- how did you get this far??

Well off to eat dinner, pack, a little more work and then to Norway. Will we really increase the size of our family next year? Will the adoption be finalized by Christmas next year so we can spend it Norway again, will we want to? Will we be home with children yet?? Only time can tell - in the meantime I guess the only option we have is to fun!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.
Hugs,
Km and Denis

No comments:

Meme Stevens- Beautiful Song- get Kleenex

Oh the places I've Been (and might go again)