The days on the long road of one families Ethiopian Adoption

This blog started out as a way to record the twists, turns, highs and lows in my families journey to adopt siblings from Ethiopia. Now our children are home and we have just finished celebrating our first year as a family.

I'm Kimberly (or Fendesha), an adventurous person who aspires to be a vagabond- but for now- I spend all of my free time travelling and my down time thinking of travelling. I'm a mom of 3 (the oldest being my gorgeous canine companion), a IT project manager, and on occasion I find myself the primary writer of this blog.


Happy Reading and thank you for stopping by.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

2008- The year we become parents?

So- Do you think we will receive our referral this year? We are hopeful or well- we expect that it will happen. We're holding steady on our age request even though we partially think we're nuts but if we increase it the referral will come sooner. I still have a few things to complete before that date comes. We paid off my car this past week- Wooo Hooo- now that Focus is on Paying off Den's car. Can't wait to say that we've been able to do that too! I am hopeful that we will have no car payments the first couple of years of our parenting experience. Not sure why it's important but for some reason it is. We've also started putting together additional ideas for the playroom. This coming weekend we are going to paint it and the following weekend we are going to stencil it. We're also dropping by Ikea to pick up a little bit of furniture for it- and voila- it should look like a playroom by early February. Something we're both pretty excited about accomplishing. Once that is complete we are going to tackle the kids room. That should be a fun February project. Hopefully by march- the Train set and the lights will be completed in the play-room as well-but we'll just have to "wait and see" on that one as it requires an electrician. Sometime during all of this the contractors will start on finishing our basement. By June our house will be ready for the kiddos I'm guessing and hopeful.
Our trip to Norway was fantastic. Lot's of family time and down time to relish. The flights were even a bit un-eventful- which is unheard of for December holiday travel - just a few delays and we didn't get sick- hurray!! We are excited to be home and doing our own thing again.. and to be with our sweet geneva again. Only a little more holiday activity to complete and we will have our feet solidly planted in the new year. going to run - literally- so gotta go. Happy New Year.

No comments:

Meme Stevens- Beautiful Song- get Kleenex

Oh the places I've Been (and might go again)