The days on the long road of one families Ethiopian Adoption

This blog started out as a way to record the twists, turns, highs and lows in my families journey to adopt siblings from Ethiopia. Now our children are home and we have just finished celebrating our first year as a family.

I'm Kimberly (or Fendesha), an adventurous person who aspires to be a vagabond- but for now- I spend all of my free time travelling and my down time thinking of travelling. I'm a mom of 3 (the oldest being my gorgeous canine companion), a IT project manager, and on occasion I find myself the primary writer of this blog.


Happy Reading and thank you for stopping by.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Going to Addis and Misi's going to college

It's almost official- I'm going to Addis for 3 months to teach basic English and work in an Orphanage. Oh my Goodness.

Now that it's "real" or "more real" I'm getting nervous. Oh my! I'll let you all know when I receive my assignment. Now the realities sink in- squat toilets? Cold showers? fleas? parasites? boiling water?- It's all a lot to think about when you are use to our pampered daily lives. I have a feeling I'm really going to miss "squeezing the Charmin"! I can just hear the border patrol now!- Pardon me Mam- but are you planning on selling all of this toilet paper or do you believe we do not have it here? -laugh. At least it's not heavy..so I don't have to worry about the weight of my suitcase- ha ha. It reminds me of when our Exchange Student from China Unpacked. Some of the items she brought with her just made me giggle because she wasn't certain if we would have them or not. And of course, we did.

Denis is such an amazing guy- backing me up- all the way.

We were in North Conway this past weekend Snowshoeing and we stayed one night at the Adventure Suites Hotel- in the Showtime room. http://www.adventuresuites.com/jacuzzi-adventure-suites.php?uid=13 It was so much fun! I thought it would have been a little cheesy-but it wasn't. They've done the room very well and we had a great time- spent all night up watching movies-laugh. It was a great Birthday for him.

We also heard from our friend in X'ian China - Misi- that lived with us for a year. She was accepted to Zhejiang University in Hangzhou, China. http://www.zju.edu.cn/english/ CONGRATULATIONS MISI!!!! We are so happy for you!!!
Maybe on my way home from Ethiopia we'll stop by and visit with you. Unfortunately- we won't have the kiddos yet- this whole adoption process is such a long one! Oh my...

Have a great day all.

No comments:

Meme Stevens- Beautiful Song- get Kleenex

Oh the places I've Been (and might go again)