The days on the long road of one families Ethiopian Adoption

This blog started out as a way to record the twists, turns, highs and lows in my families journey to adopt siblings from Ethiopia. Now our children are home and we have just finished celebrating our first year as a family.

I'm Kimberly (or Fendesha), an adventurous person who aspires to be a vagabond- but for now- I spend all of my free time travelling and my down time thinking of travelling. I'm a mom of 3 (the oldest being my gorgeous canine companion), a IT project manager, and on occasion I find myself the primary writer of this blog.


Happy Reading and thank you for stopping by.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Playroom Crazies



So- what do you do when you have over a couple of years to pine the arrival of your children?
Well if your anything like my husband and myself you plan, plan, plan oh and then plan some more. We decided last year to change our formal dining room into the coming children's play room. So- we put up an 0-gage train track around the room. Chhooooo Chhooooo. Hind-sight it's quite loud but very entertaining. Two weeks ago we took the train track down and painted the room. Then we stenciled a jungle scene on the walls. There's now elephants peeking around doors, monkey's hanging from trees and giraffes standing tall. It's surprisingly enough coming out very well.

Soon we'll stain the train track boards and get those back up. In all it's taken a year of talk and so far 2 full weeks of busy busy busy-but hopefully by the end of this month we'll be hopping on down to Ikea to purchase a few storage fixtures and our play room will be complete.

The bedroom- now that's another story all together. Do they really need a bedroom? Currently it's our spare room. It's sad. We have all this beautiful furniture but no room for it in the house we have.

No comments:

Meme Stevens- Beautiful Song- get Kleenex

Oh the places I've Been (and might go again)