The days on the long road of one families Ethiopian Adoption

This blog started out as a way to record the twists, turns, highs and lows in my families journey to adopt siblings from Ethiopia. Now our children are home and we have just finished celebrating our first year as a family.

I'm Kimberly (or Fendesha), an adventurous person who aspires to be a vagabond- but for now- I spend all of my free time travelling and my down time thinking of travelling. I'm a mom of 3 (the oldest being my gorgeous canine companion), a IT project manager, and on occasion I find myself the primary writer of this blog.


Happy Reading and thank you for stopping by.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Humanitarian Work in Ethiopia

I have been doing some soul searching which you can tell if you real the post prior to this one and have decided that I need to go to Ethiopia for a couple to a few months.

So last week- I started what looks a bit like a campaign in my house. First sold the husband on this idea, review the likely cost, and then convinced myself I could really do this. Now that I have the buy in on all parts-now I've reached the hard part.. finding an opportunity that is a good fit. Further defining my goals, narrowing my expectations, finding others that have been there done and chat with them a bit and finally- deciding when to go (now-how does now sound- quick before I chicken out).

After a few phone calls and several days of research I'm finally (hear the impatience here) making some headway. We'll see where these few leads get me-but I am at least receiving some responses. Stay tuned!! :-)

I'd say my family would be "surprised".. but really- the decisions I make concern them sometimes but surprised?? Nah- they stopped being "surprised" by me years ago.

Oh-- and on a personal note- I cut my hair short --shorter yesterday-- and have decided to dye the back a dark brown and add more red into the front on the next apt. Is this an early mid-life crisis? ha ha

No comments:

Meme Stevens- Beautiful Song- get Kleenex

Oh the places I've Been (and might go again)