The days on the long road of one families Ethiopian Adoption

This blog started out as a way to record the twists, turns, highs and lows in my families journey to adopt siblings from Ethiopia. Now our children are home and we have just finished celebrating our first year as a family.

I'm Kimberly (or Fendesha), an adventurous person who aspires to be a vagabond- but for now- I spend all of my free time travelling and my down time thinking of travelling. I'm a mom of 3 (the oldest being my gorgeous canine companion), a IT project manager, and on occasion I find myself the primary writer of this blog.


Happy Reading and thank you for stopping by.

Friday, August 15, 2008

Getting Back in touch





I've been slow to re-integrate back into my life here at home. Focusing on the millions of photos I've misplaced through out the house, sending thank you cards, updating this blog, our adoption paperwork and dealing with some personal stuff that I've not been good to myself and reached out to my loved ones here.

If you've been looking for me- please call and invite me out someplace or ask me to make you dinner-etc. I've been absolutely terrible about leaving the house and need to get off my freaking @## and start living here again.

News for the day:
our adoption is pretty much officially off hold. Our social worker has a few last minute things to do and we are waiting on a government office or two-but we're in good hands and well- pretty much active on the magical and mysterious "list" that never seems to move in terms of our place on in referrals (good lord people- we only moved forward by a month or two in the 6 months we were on hold). The on hold part simply provided us with a much needed mental break in this whole process-giggle.

Anyway- here's our latest in changes we've made to our child request- it might surprise you:
we're now approved for: Twins under 4 or Siblings (one under 2 and one under 4).

GRINNNNNN.....

No comments:

Meme Stevens- Beautiful Song- get Kleenex

Oh the places I've Been (and might go again)