The days on the long road of one families Ethiopian Adoption

This blog started out as a way to record the twists, turns, highs and lows in my families journey to adopt siblings from Ethiopia. Now our children are home and we have just finished celebrating our first year as a family.

I'm Kimberly (or Fendesha), an adventurous person who aspires to be a vagabond- but for now- I spend all of my free time travelling and my down time thinking of travelling. I'm a mom of 3 (the oldest being my gorgeous canine companion), a IT project manager, and on occasion I find myself the primary writer of this blog.


Happy Reading and thank you for stopping by.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

15 months waiting and "Three Cups of Tea"

So- here we are- waiting waiting waiting...oh and have I said "waiting" to start our family. I was prepared for 12 months- even 14 months. Granted- we put it "on hold" thinking we'd be right on top when I returned from Ethiopia and now that we are fully engaged again with our new fingerprints, and updated home study- etc.. I find it incredibly irritating that we are still at minimum "3rd" in line with really no end in sight. We were only 5th (guessing of course) when I left in March.

Granted- I should be saying "thank god" that we didn't focus on the adoption during the time period I/We were in Ethiopia- because at that time we desperately needed a break from it all. Now (from my perspective of March 2006 when we started all of this)- it's reached emotionally "ridiculous" and we find little pleasure in even talking about the adoption. In fact- we really enjoy talking about "other people's adoptions" giggle. We've been really privileged to see new families grow- and I'm so excited as this truly is the best part of "waiting".
I can't help but whine today though-damn I'm usually so good about this stuff.. Where's my cheese?? Ha Ha.. Although-"this line of folks waiting" - seems to be an awesome problem for Ethiopia to have-it's not making me feel any better about the length of time we're going to have to wait.

----------------------
Okay- enough on that soapbox.. have you seen the following announcement???
This is where I will be tomorrow- come join me.

I'm so excited by Mortenson's adventures and inner strength- and to actually see him speak will be a complete personal thrill... Come join me!!! http://www.stonehill.edu/x11468.xml

Mortenson to Speak at Stonehill in September

Mortenson will visit Stonehill College on Friday, September 12 and speak at 4:00 p.m. at the Sally Blair Ames Sports Complex.

If you have not read "3 cups of tea" yet... please do. It's a great book!

-------------

Thanks for tuning in- but now I have to hurry back to the "waiting phase" of this adoption... :-)

Hugs to you all and good night!

The Waiting, Waiting, Waiting-oh and Still Waiting...Calderones

No comments:

Meme Stevens- Beautiful Song- get Kleenex

Oh the places I've Been (and might go again)