The days on the long road of one families Ethiopian Adoption

This blog started out as a way to record the twists, turns, highs and lows in my families journey to adopt siblings from Ethiopia. Now our children are home and we have just finished celebrating our first year as a family.

I'm Kimberly (or Fendesha), an adventurous person who aspires to be a vagabond- but for now- I spend all of my free time travelling and my down time thinking of travelling. I'm a mom of 3 (the oldest being my gorgeous canine companion), a IT project manager, and on occasion I find myself the primary writer of this blog.


Happy Reading and thank you for stopping by.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws- PHEW

It's just about real!!! Hayle Education Fund for Ethiopian Children Incorporated is almost a legitimate company (in the state of Massachusetts only pout pout)- can you believe it?

After a couple of months of research,etc.. I'm now selecting my board of directors and am going to submit the paperwork to the state. Hip Hip Horray. Hopefully it will receive the stamp of approval with little hick-ups and I'll be moving onto stage 2- the EIN the IRS 1023 paper-chase. But I can create a website and start collecting some funds when step one is completed!!!

But since I need to celebrate the babysteps-boy did the adoption process teach me that one.. This is my little celebration-thanks for joining in...laugh. Now I'm off to complete stage 1 this week and then I get to "sit and wait" for approval. After "approval" I can move onto stage 2.

Cross your fingers and thanks for the help to all of you who have provided ideas and guidance along the way (an extra special reach out to hackersforcharities.org)!!!

Thanks a bunch!!
KC

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

Hi! I just found your blog. I am also adopting sibs through WHFC. I am a couple of people behind you, so I will be following your journey closely :)

There was one referral this past week for kids under 3. Isn't that great?

I look forward to reading more of you blog!

Meme Stevens- Beautiful Song- get Kleenex

Oh the places I've Been (and might go again)