The days on the long road of one families Ethiopian Adoption

This blog started out as a way to record the twists, turns, highs and lows in my families journey to adopt siblings from Ethiopia. Now our children are home and we have just finished celebrating our first year as a family.

I'm Kimberly (or Fendesha), an adventurous person who aspires to be a vagabond- but for now- I spend all of my free time travelling and my down time thinking of travelling. I'm a mom of 3 (the oldest being my gorgeous canine companion), a IT project manager, and on occasion I find myself the primary writer of this blog.


Happy Reading and thank you for stopping by.

Friday, September 4, 2009

a new "do" and a few family pics...

New Hair do... I went very short -with colors-"Blue", "Yellow" and "Brown" ...

"Hairdresser- Kimberly- we have the blue you've asked about in the past."
 Kimberly "psych, let's do it". 
 Hairdresser- are you prepared for people to stare at you?" ,
 "The parents at the new pre-school are at least going to look at you- "-giggle.
"Kimberly,  People already stare when we are out as a family"
"Hairdresser- are you serious?? People stare at you guys when you are out???
"Kimberly,  I think it's innocent, they are just curious.  Perhaps they are considering- could I have bilogically had the children.  I think inter-racial adoption sometimes takes a minute or so for some to process."   "Perhaps they are thinking about how "tall, dark and handsome" their father must be If I did biologically have them after all- they are adorable children.."
Joined- laughter.. "hairdresser- alright, how much blue should we do?"
























The morning before the new hair do- we took some family pictures in our yard...



3 comments:

Evelyn said...

Fun do! And your kids are getting cuter and cuter! Loved the family pics!

kn said...

Oh my gosh i love your hair!!! love the conversation with the hairdresser!

but mostly love love love the photo of the children!!!!!

people are looking because they are absolutely amazingly gorgeous!! i would stare too and i would totally get it right away!!!

thanks for cheering me up!

Nikki said...

First of all- cool hair!

This is Nikki (who designed your blog). I haven't stopped by in a while, but I saw it up on your facebook and came to check in. WOW- congratulations on bringing home your kids! They are SO beautiful. I am going to go back and read some posts, looking forward to reading about your time in Ethiopia!

Nikki
www.madebynikki.blogspot.com

Meme Stevens- Beautiful Song- get Kleenex

Oh the places I've Been (and might go again)