The days on the long road of one families Ethiopian Adoption

This blog started out as a way to record the twists, turns, highs and lows in my families journey to adopt siblings from Ethiopia. Now our children are home and we have just finished celebrating our first year as a family.

I'm Kimberly (or Fendesha), an adventurous person who aspires to be a vagabond- but for now- I spend all of my free time travelling and my down time thinking of travelling. I'm a mom of 3 (the oldest being my gorgeous canine companion), a IT project manager, and on occasion I find myself the primary writer of this blog.


Happy Reading and thank you for stopping by.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

End of July - Reflection


This evening we ended a wonderful family day and an said goodbye to a busy month with dinner at Fasika.

It's the end of July-and what a crazy month it has been. I can't help but feel like June was a year ago- not a month ago.  Was June really only 31 days ago???

We've celebrated birthdays, traveled as a family for a week, daddy's been away for a couple of weeks for work,  family has visited from California and Norway.  The kids have been so good through all of this mayhem- sure we've had behavioral challenges and mommy and daddy are both burnt out a bit.  I just re-read some of my blog entries from last year and noticed that I don't feel nearly as exhausted and overwhelmed as it seems I did then. 


Next month has an equal share of adventures for us:
  • Tomorrow I am presenting on Ethiopia at 10am in the morning -tonight I'm cramming for the presentation. 
  • Debritu begins attending pre-school on Tuesday (summer program for starters)
  • Mommy gets some regular alone time as Habtamu also goes back to school and will officially begin her job hunt. It's official- the kids are in school now and I'm going back to work.  What a long strange trip it's been-laugh. 
  • We received our Fresh Air assignment and will be hosting a young boy for a week (can't wait)
  • Mommy will be preparing to leave for Ethiopia again on September 5th (eeeekkkkkkk).
  • Daddy will be travelling and bringing home some of the countries best cheddar I hope from one of his trips :-) (grin)
  • and family will be here..
Hopefully this warm weather holds out and I'll chalk this year up to one of the best summers yet: 



 

1 comment:

Fendesha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Meme Stevens- Beautiful Song- get Kleenex

Oh the places I've Been (and might go again)