The days on the long road of one families Ethiopian Adoption

This blog started out as a way to record the twists, turns, highs and lows in my families journey to adopt siblings from Ethiopia. Now our children are home and we have just finished celebrating our first year as a family.

I'm Kimberly (or Fendesha), an adventurous person who aspires to be a vagabond- but for now- I spend all of my free time travelling and my down time thinking of travelling. I'm a mom of 3 (the oldest being my gorgeous canine companion), a IT project manager, and on occasion I find myself the primary writer of this blog.


Happy Reading and thank you for stopping by.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year- the year of the OX



In all of the excitement of Den's birthday and getting ready for kiddos I almost missed that today is Chinese New Year. So- happy new year to you all!!

I have been celebrating Chinese New Year for most of my adult years- and can't believe I almost missed it! There are so many reasons to celebrate in our lives right at the moment- that it holiday snuck up on me-laugh. Den's a year older, the kiddos are coming sooner than later and wow- it's the year of the OX.

Being an Ox- I have been very excited about 2009 coming-not realizing of course at the time that it's also the year I'll become a parent. Hopefully this means that patience and good karma will be on my side-grin.

The Ox, is an animal that symbolizes calm, hard work, resolve and tenacity. It looks like we've got honest, candid year ahead. Obama being a great start to see through this prediction.

The Ox is the sign of prosperity through fortitude and hard work. With the recession at hand I can't think of a better way then hard work- to see us through and back to plenty-although hopefully when we return there we will be a more environmentally aware government and people in support of plenty-grin..

As one might guess, such people are dependable, calm and modest. Like his animal namesake, the Ox is unswervingly patient, tireless in his work, and capable of enduring any amount of hardship without complaint.

The ox person needs peace and quiet to work through his/her ideas, and when he/she has set his/her mind on something it is hard for him/her to be convinced otherwise. The ox person has a very logical mind and is extremely systematic in whatever he/she does, in spite of a total lack of imagination. He/she can be very stubborn, and difficult to dissuade once he/she decides on something. These people speak little, but are intelligent, and when necessary, they are both articulate and eloquent.

The ox person is not extravagant, and the thought of living off credit cards or being in debt makes him/her nervous. The possibility of taking a serious risk could cause the ox person many sleepless nights. These people are truthful and sincere, and the idea of wheeling and dealing in a competitive world is distasteful to them. It would be right to mention that people born in the ox years are rarely driven by the prospect of financial gain. These people are always welcome because of their honesty and patience. They have many friends, who appreciate the fact that the ox people are rather introverted and wary of new trends, although every now and then they can be encouraged to try something new. It is important to remember that the ox people are sociable and relaxed when they feel secure, but occasionally a dark cloud looms over such person and he/she takes on the worries of the world and tries to find solutions.

Sounds like a perfect character to symbolize this year and move our world and economy in the direction it needs!

Happy Lunar New Year to you all!!
Hugs- KC

1 comment:

kn said...

I love this post.

I am a dragon and because of this I think many of my friends must be ox (judging by the description.)

Meme Stevens- Beautiful Song- get Kleenex

Oh the places I've Been (and might go again)