The days on the long road of one families Ethiopian Adoption

This blog started out as a way to record the twists, turns, highs and lows in my families journey to adopt siblings from Ethiopia. Now our children are home and we have just finished celebrating our first year as a family.

I'm Kimberly (or Fendesha), an adventurous person who aspires to be a vagabond- but for now- I spend all of my free time travelling and my down time thinking of travelling. I'm a mom of 3 (the oldest being my gorgeous canine companion), a IT project manager, and on occasion I find myself the primary writer of this blog.


Happy Reading and thank you for stopping by.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"I realize now that my approach was wrong, to search for "love" in another's song".

Evening All,


For years-I walked around with an empty spot in my life - nothing I did seemed to fill it. I took yoga, gave to the cause of the month-year, volunteered, joined my church- but that hole just seemed larger and larger as I aged. my DH once said to me - "I realize now that my approach was wrong, to search for "love" in another's song" and he was so right...

Ethiopia makes my heart sing. The children's laughter was music to my ears, their difficulties feed my need to find ways to try to make a difference on this "it's a small world", the love that I received as being a part of that culture-slowly over months seemed to have filled that hole in my heart. Ethiopia touched my soul, my heart and with months of exposure now is part of my daily thoughts and prayers. I can't thank the world enough for "my path" bringing the country into my life, or the family I stayed with for accepting me "as I am" and introducing me and inviting me into their life there. From that exhausting evening - March 13th-now-My world is truly a different place both physically and spiritually. And that hole- it's filling up.... all I had to do was find the right approach and search for "love" in my own song- my own way.

Of course, all life experiences come with their challenges. And currently my challenge is to continue to embrace this meaningful life change in our materialistically driving world while still enjoying those items with out guilt that we've achieved in our life. Balance- is the true challenge here for me-laugh.

May you all skip along the path to finding "your own song- and your own way".

This video touched me this evening and I just had to share it.

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

Thanks for sharing that video! It was beautiful in the tragic/amazing way life can be.

Meme Stevens- Beautiful Song- get Kleenex

Oh the places I've Been (and might go again)