The days on the long road of one families Ethiopian Adoption

This blog started out as a way to record the twists, turns, highs and lows in my families journey to adopt siblings from Ethiopia. Now our children are home and we have just finished celebrating our first year as a family.

I'm Kimberly (or Fendesha), an adventurous person who aspires to be a vagabond- but for now- I spend all of my free time travelling and my down time thinking of travelling. I'm a mom of 3 (the oldest being my gorgeous canine companion), a IT project manager, and on occasion I find myself the primary writer of this blog.


Happy Reading and thank you for stopping by.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Rangeley in the Fall






Fall is Gorgeous and the smell - when I say "the smell of fall" doesn't a certain scent come to mind? That smell of leaves falling and settling on the ground? Laugh. If your from New England or the North East I know you are thinking of the exact same smell I'm thinking of. If your in the south - the Smell of Spring time is kind of what I'm talking about here.

Having to turn on the heat, the freedom to use your stove to bake something, the deep breath of moist cool mountain air. I just love it here (in October- by February I'm the cheapest bid would be happily accepted-laugh).

This weekend - Happy Birthday to mee-laugh- Denis, Geneva and I visited our friends gorgeous ski in/out condo on Saddleback Mountain in Rangeley, Maine. We hiked most of the main trails of the ski hill (in the rain), we wandered around a water fall, visited a gorge I use to swim in as a kid and met a lovely woman that ran a bakery out of her house. After a depressing weekend in factory focused Maine last weekend- a weekend in the resort towns is exactly what was called for. My Dreamy Maine is back. I'll post pictures tomorrow- the camera's in the car and I'm so sick of being in the car. The weekend was awesome. We almost drove to quebec -but we had Geneva this weekend- and if we had thought of it-could have dropped her by mom's- but I'm so pleased we didn't. Watching her tromp around in the water-burrrr- and hike the mountain off lead-brought giant smiles to Denis and I. She so comes to life in the Colder weather -it's always delightful to watch!!

GO RED SOX!!! The game is totally tied up at the moment and my heart is pounding. Go Beckett... Why do they have him pitching already??? Ughghghghg...

No comments:

Meme Stevens- Beautiful Song- get Kleenex

Oh the places I've Been (and might go again)