The days on the long road of one families Ethiopian Adoption

This blog started out as a way to record the twists, turns, highs and lows in my families journey to adopt siblings from Ethiopia. Now our children are home and we have just finished celebrating our first year as a family.

I'm Kimberly (or Fendesha), an adventurous person who aspires to be a vagabond- but for now- I spend all of my free time travelling and my down time thinking of travelling. I'm a mom of 3 (the oldest being my gorgeous canine companion), a IT project manager, and on occasion I find myself the primary writer of this blog.


Happy Reading and thank you for stopping by.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pictures of the Fire Pit

I decided after a very rainy summer-that since we didn't go camping- I would bring camping to us. Here are a few pics of the firepit I build over labor day weekend here in our back yard. It was a big hit at our last BBQ with a few friends-they took the guitars out there- and played them around the fire at night. Delightful!!!

Total cost= about 100.00
supplies from home depot (4 rows of small landscaping retaining wall stones-first (buried) and second row 14, second 13, last 12), a few bags of sand and some crushed stones.

Directions- measure out the circle, dig a small circular hole a couple of feet down for drainage- fill with stone, then create your first two rings, add sand, add on your last two on the top. If you need to mortar it-which I ended up doing- make sure you use the fireplace mortar. That's all folks- it's pretty easy - I started it on Saturday, and finished it on sunday- putting in a couple of hours each day. Total around 6 hours plus shopping for the stuff (mortar took a bunch of that time)








1 comment:

Evelyn said...

Wow, that sounds so nice! What good memories that fire pit will bring your kiddies, too!

Meme Stevens- Beautiful Song- get Kleenex

Oh the places I've Been (and might go again)