The days on the long road of one families Ethiopian Adoption

This blog started out as a way to record the twists, turns, highs and lows in my families journey to adopt siblings from Ethiopia. Now our children are home and we have just finished celebrating our first year as a family.

I'm Kimberly (or Fendesha), an adventurous person who aspires to be a vagabond- but for now- I spend all of my free time travelling and my down time thinking of travelling. I'm a mom of 3 (the oldest being my gorgeous canine companion), a IT project manager, and on occasion I find myself the primary writer of this blog.


Happy Reading and thank you for stopping by.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Education First is looking for host families

Education First- www.efhomestay.org is looking for some host families in the Worcester Area. The kids are coming July 7th-August 2nd.  


They are gone from your home work hours-spending evenings and the first two weekends with you. If you are interested or can provide some meals and a bed- email pamela.shaw@ef.com or call her at 617.233.7467


There are about 8 teens (including 2 teachers 24+) looking for a place to stay.  There are planned drop up and pick up locations near the suburbs (ie: northboro, etc).. so if you think you can do it- or can spilt the time with another family.. give her a call. 


If they don't find "rooms" the kids have to stay home. 



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love traveling. If you ever get the vagabond spirit to bring your kiddos to Charleston (minus the dog), let me know. ;-)

The funny thing is that there is a similar program here, and I asked to host a teen from Spain, and they actually don't have enough kids coming for everyone who wants one. I think though they bring maybe l0 kids here in the summer. The woman said next summer she would definitely remember me, and I thought next summer.. I hope to be adjusting to my own kids. :-) .. but I didn't say that. ha ha

Meme Stevens- Beautiful Song- get Kleenex

Oh the places I've Been (and might go again)