The days on the long road of one families Ethiopian Adoption

This blog started out as a way to record the twists, turns, highs and lows in my families journey to adopt siblings from Ethiopia. Now our children are home and we have just finished celebrating our first year as a family.

I'm Kimberly (or Fendesha), an adventurous person who aspires to be a vagabond- but for now- I spend all of my free time travelling and my down time thinking of travelling. I'm a mom of 3 (the oldest being my gorgeous canine companion), a IT project manager, and on occasion I find myself the primary writer of this blog.


Happy Reading and thank you for stopping by.

Monday, June 7, 2010

A Lazy Day in Photos - June 6th 2010


Welcome - come on in and enjoy a rainy day with us...




Daddy Started the morning off with the kiddos- (at 4:45) Debritu gets up crazy hours at the moment because she's missing her binkie...mommy laid on the couch- wishing away a headache.










A few hours later mommy decides to jump in and gives daddy a break.  Habtamu and I play Cooties...



Debritu decides to play a lace up the bugs game.













Kids eating left over bagels while daddy makes eggs, sausage and hashbrowns... yummy yummy!










The kids went outside to play barefoot in the warm light rain this morning-but when I got back to them with the camera-I discovered that they decided it was a good day to roll around in the grass and play in the sand while - NAKED - so we've omitted those pictures :-)






ahh- back inside and it seems that it's time to have some independent play time for everyone :-)
Daddy and Habtamu leave for H's last T-ball game. Did I meantion it was a rainy day??? Note how well I dressed him today (not).















Debritu falls asleep (pheww) so Mommy misses the T-ball game and stays home.  Geneva decides it's also a good time for a nap so she goes to sleep with her.









It's noon....Habtamu and dad are off to T-ball, my mom is still doing our laundry (thank you thank you thank you mom), Debritu's asleep and it looks like the sun is going to come out.  Ahhh- A random chance for me mom to take a shower-maybe even shave her legs (I'll spare you the picture of  it though-laugh)! Yippy!


Mommy took 5 minutes and got to brush Geneva- A Pomeranian could easily hide in the hair I brushed off her.


1:00  Debritu up Eating lunch. 
T-ball game cancelled- boys are in-town. 
Nana is walking her dog.













From 2-4:00

Debritu learns "Do Re Me...." with Nana while daddy plays a completely different song on the guitar.  Debritu runs around pulling out books, toys and other random items looking for something "new" to do while saying "why, why, why" to everything. (Mommy is playing on You Tube researching braiding styles - hoping to find something she can actually do).







Habtamu decides it's a good day for a nap- can you find him in his bed?











4:00

Got bored- Decided it was a good time to head out to Chuck E Cheese.















Was having too much fun to remember to take pictures.. after this-laugh.











The kids are not the only ones that had fun it seems...laugh. Nana looks quite happy too....











Exhausted- we came home -and put the kids in bed.

 Hope you all had a wonderful Rainy Day yesterday.... Thanks for sharing ours with us.

2 comments:

Eastiopians said...

These are my favorite kind of posts. What a busy day! Your children look absolutely amazing. :)

Theresa

Christine said...

What a great day! That was some pile of hair from the dog, holy cow! Thanks for the comment on my blog, hope you get to do more blog reading in the future.

Meme Stevens- Beautiful Song- get Kleenex

Oh the places I've Been (and might go again)